[pct-l] Gear list2 foot su

Clifford McDonald clifmcdon at comcast.net
Sat Jul 28 19:38:08 CDT 2012

Okay:

Seems a bit small; I guess that 2 foot square isn't the same as 2 square
feet. Didn't expect a lesson in math from the PCT list server, but learn
something new every day.

The difference between 2 sq. ft. and 2 ft. square

"2 feet square" refers to a square that is 2 feet on a side, that is,

2 feet by 2 feet.

"2 square feet" is a measure of area. It can refer to any shape (a

rectangle 1 foot by 2 feet, for instance).

The area of a 2-foot square is 4 square feet (2 feet * 2 feet).