[pct-l] Bear canisters and duct tape

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Jul 31 13:11:49 CDT 2012

Good morning, Jackrabbit,

My guess is, tape that is stuck firmly on the surface of a ‘can won’t allow
a bear to grip and lift it.  Bears don’t have particularly sharp teeth or
claws, so they are unlikely to be able to snag a tight edge of the tape.

If it were my ‘can I would cut the Day-Glo tape in several places so even
if the bear did manage to snag an edge that short section wouldn’t be
strong enough to lift the whole ‘can.  I don’t have tape all the way around
my 'can, but I do have a couple of stickers.
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=265401

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye