[pct-l] Trekking Poles

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Sat Jun 2 13:48:37 CDT 2012

A djustable poles are necessary for me, because the height of my "tentpole" is much less than what I comfortably walk with.  I also vote for the latch l ock rather than the screw / unscrew type.  I use Lekis, which are pricey, but the company has been great about replacing bent poles, even when the bend comes from a fall, not a defect in the material.

As to bamboo, Seiko (a legend on the AT) also carries bamboo sticks.  Maybe it has to do with being legendary.

Mango