[pct-l] I NEED to be walking!

mkwart at gci.net mkwart at gci.net
Mon Jun 4 13:25:49 CDT 2012

Greg:

Very interesting about the lipoprotein lipase and the effect on fat. I
also know that I need to walk MORE now than when I was young to get the
same fat burning affect. I walked for two months on the Arizona Trail
and only lost 1.5 pounds! We also seem to have much more efficient
metabolisms as we get older. Now it seems that the amount of effort I
have to put into exercise to eliminate the belly fat is astronomical,
even when combined with a good diet. I exercise a lot more now than when
I was young even off the trail, but with diminishing results. This was a
disheartening discovery on my part because I had high hopes of regaining
my slim physique through backpacking long distances. I could lose 10
pounds in a week in my 20's and 30's.

Thanks for the info--anything else you see along these lines would be
interesting information for me and other codgers and "codgers in
training"..
--Fireweed