[pct-l] Oregon Trail Angel wannabe

Rashas Weber rashasweber at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 12:33:40 CDT 2012

Hiking the entire PCT is just a dream at the moment although I've
talked my 60-year-old hiking partner into at least doing the Oregon
portion sometime in the next few years. So far we've only done the
two-mile stretch from Cascade Locks to Dry Creek Falls. Although we've
been hiking for several months now, nearly every weekend, our longest
hike at the moment has been seven miles. She was also thinking that at
almost 60 she was too "old" to do it, but I've told her about how many
people who are even older have done it and are doing it right now.

I'm really enjoying this list and am following a few trail blogs as
well. All the trail angels sound great and I would kind of like to try
my hand at it. I live in Portland and am wondering where a beneficial
spot -- within about 50 miles or so -- would be for hikers for me to
leave water and stuff. Additionally, as people get closer to this
area, I'd be glad to offer rides (evenings and weekends), and possibly
my living room floor, washing machine and shower.

        - Rashas Weber