[pct-l] Fw: The "Lost" effect on the PCT community

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 19:48:08 CDT 2012

I recall occasionally passing Ski shelters (a few) along the PCT. Not in Wilderness areas, nor in National parks. I never stayed in one, although some of the hikers did. I assume that those shelters might be infested by rodents. I prefer to camp alone with my horse - usually, when possible, well away from the trail. I like the solitude of wild places. I think it would be a big mistake to put more shelters along the PCT. They would become eyesores. They aren't needed.

MendoRider-Hiker