[pct-l] Preparing for a thru hike

mkwart at gci.net mkwart at gci.net
Fri Jun 8 12:47:42 CDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:38 AM, Tom Holz <tom.holz at gmail.com> wrote:
			Chi running, pose running, or barefoot running are good concept to
start
with if you have never consciously worked on your gait before.

I have taken a chi running and chi walking class and the concepts are
similar--take smaller steps, keep your body aligned--I have put them
into practice while backpacking on the PCT and it has helped alleviate
budding hip and knee problems. I would recommend them. Also--I think
either last year or the year before someone at the kickoff did a
presentation on being conscious of your walking gait. I thought this was
a great idea because big structural problems in the body often start as
small repetitive motions.

--Fireweed