[pct-l] Update on PCT class of 2010 reunion trail maintenance project

Cari and Pete Tucker pct2010video at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 11:25:56 CDT 2012

We recently sent the following message as an email to class of 2010 hikers,
but are posting it to the list as well to ensure as many 2010ers see it as
possible:

Greetings, PCT 2010 hikers,

Although a number of you liked the concept of a class “reunion” trail
maintenance project, it appears that we did not announce  the project dates
sufficiently far in advance.   As a result, most of you who expressed
interest in participating already had conflicting vacation plans on the
books.  It also didn’t help that we picked a date in September, which made
it impossible for students and educators to participate.

After discussing the situation with the PCTA, we’ve decided on the
following course of action:

1.       We are rescheduling the “official” class of 2010 reunion project
for the second week of August, 2013, in hopes that by providing more
advanced notice, those of you who want to participate will be able to fit
the project into your 2013 vacation plans right from the start.  The exact
location is TBD, but will likely be in Oregon or Washington.  If you would
like to join the fun, block out August 10th-August 17th, 2013 on your
calendars.  We’ll send out brief reminders once a quarter, and will start
actively soliciting participants in the spring.

2.       The PCTA will still be running a backcountry crew in the vicinity
of mount Adams from September 9th-September 14th, 2012, and Sandals and I
have signed up even though it is no longer the "official" 2010 reunion
project.  The PCTA is looking for 5 additional volunteers for this project,
which will involve trail widening and tread repair.  The project leader has
also managed to recruit an experienced chef, so the food is likely to be
better than average on this project.  If you'd like to be involved, let us
know, and we will put you in contact with the project leader, or you can
volunteer directly via the PCTA's web site (
http://www.trailprojects.com/pct5-30.html).

 Our thanks to those who responded to our original email.  We hope that the
revised dates for the class of 2010 reunion project will allow many more of
you who would like to participate to do so!!

Happy Trails!!

-Sandals and Sheepdog