[pct-l] Bear encounter before Kennedy Meadows

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 15:30:28 CDT 2012

I have tested them extensively - not just while on the trail, but also in my rodent-infested barn.  OPSaks have always worked for me.

Liz's problem would have been due to either of the following reasons: (Or perhaps both)   1) When she sealed the sack, she did not seal it completely. It is critical that the seal (similar to a ZipLock seal - but a little more difficult to do)  be complete. I run my thumb and forefinger across, with pressure, three or four times) or   2) She got some food smells outside the OPSak.

MendoRider-Hiker