[pct-l] Where to put your bear can

ambery-80243 at mypacks.net ambery-80243 at mypacks.net
Thu Jun 14 11:35:38 CDT 2012

I have never had an issue with humans messing with my bear can, but I would suggest just trying to locate it at a not too visible spot, and try to put it there when no one is paying attention.

As far as being concerned with it not being near your tent.....it never should be near your tent. You should never put the thing any closer to you than you want the bear to be!  Bear cans are not necessarily odor proof, and savvy bears know what they are.  They do sometimes come to investigate them.  I've seen several people cowboy camp and stick their bear can next to their head.  If a bear wants to check it out, I for one wouldn't want him that close.