[pct-l] iPhone 4s

Halfmile list at lon.net
Thu Jun 14 17:59:49 CDT 2012

Jackalope,
These apps are commonly used to load my GPS data on iPhones:

Topo Maps (the one by Philip Endecott, note that it only loads
waypoint data not track data)

Gia GPS (easy to load my GPS data from the links on this page:
http://www.pctmap.net/iphone/styled/gaia.html )

GPS Kit

MotionX-GPS (note it has a 400 waypoint limit)

The Guthook's PCT app is pretty good too, but it comes preloaded with
Paul Bodnar's data, not mine.

The free Halfmile PCT app has been getting rave reviews, but it's a
different kind of app. More like a digital data book that knows where
you are and calculates distance, elevation gain/loss to other points
on the trail.
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1ZwzPV8rawHPeN3_z9Paq6F_8OHvOZy2C-IYtrge4F-Q

Basic GPS is another useful app. It's just a simple app that gives UTM
coordinates to use with your paper maps.

You might find this link useful:
http://adventurealan.com/iphone4gps.htm

-Halfmile
www.pctmap.net