[pct-l] Where to put your bear can "stealing another hiker's food"

Clifford McDonald clifmcdon at comcast.net
Fri Jun 15 09:34:07 CDT 2012

Hi List:
found in the woods might be thought to be discarded, and go unrecognized for
what it is. How many non-hikers and most campers have never heard of a bear
can as a way to keep food safe from bears. Not too long ago had I found one,
I would have surmised that it had fallen of the back of a truck. Perhaps we
should place labels on the canisters describing what they are, who they
belong to, and warning others not to move them.
Life is Good!
Scout