[pct-l] Mosquitoes

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sun Jun 17 17:45:54 CDT 2012

Good afternoon, JoAnn,

Last year I departed north from the I-5 crossing at Siskiyou summit, and I
found very few mosquitoes until the southern slopes of Crater Lake.  From
Mt. Theilsen north there was a fair amount of snow – and mosquitoes in the
more clear areas.

In an average season the best opportunity to encounter and observe the
whinny little buggers is further north in the pot-hole lake region south of
The Three Sisters.

Enjoy your hike and your swatting,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye