[pct-l] shuttle from Horseshoe Mdw campground to Lone Pine?

CClark dr_carolyn at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 16:22:22 CDT 2012

Does anyone know of a taxi or shuttle service that my husband and I could arrange to pick us up at Horseshoe Mdws campground and take us to the bus station in Lone Pine?

We'd like to stage a car at Horseshoe Meadows on Sunday July 8, catch the evening bus up to Mammoth (hopefully the shuttle into Reds Meadow will be operating by then) and then hike back to our vehicle over the next 2 weeks.

Also, is water available in the Horseshoe Meadows campground?  Is it safe to leave a car there, or are there bears that might claw at it, hoping to find food?

Carolyn