[pct-l] Shoe Inserts (Steven M. Ratner)

CClark dr_carolyn at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 20:31:51 CDT 2012

re:  Shoe Inserts
<<I've been day hiking in Brooks Cacadias.  At the end of a long day, the
bottom of my feet are very sore.>>

Hi Steve,

Recently I asked on this list about Brooks Cascadias for older hikers - since our feet aren't as cushioned as they once were. The best advice I got was to spring the $45 for Ed Viesters High-Volume (blue) insoles.  I'm about to do Mammoth Lakes south to Whitney using this combination. So far, they've worked well for day hikes.

When hiking on roads or on volcanic surface, I place a small sock (like REI lightweight quarter sox) under my foot for more cush!