[pct-l] Cost of a SAR airlift

Lisa Valenti-Jordan valentijordan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 17:54:41 CDT 2012

A lot of information is available here:
http://www.geosalliance.com/sar/SAR-tsandcs.html (the site for the
insurance behind SPOT).  There are several exclusions, so if you are
SAR'd because you didn't bring enough provisions or you went up a
saddle holding a lightning rod during a thunderstorm instead of down,
you don't get the benefit (read FAQ).   Cursory reading looks like
they cover costs to "keep you alive" (rough paraphrase) for 72
hours...and they charge your insurance first if you have it.

Puddlejumper