[pct-l] Snow conditions around Stehekin, WA.

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Fri Jun 22 17:11:14 CDT 2012

I just got a call from a SOBO hiker. She started at Ross Lake and ended up
at Stehekin. She is skipping down to Snoqualmie Pass to continue south. She
thinks she was the only one out there. The locals thought she was crazy for
being out there with so much snow still on the ground. She says she was
definitely too early to be on the trail. She also let me know that the
locals are hearing about Govt border patrol with sniper guns looking for
people coming over the border. I'm guessing maybe another month before
fairly enjoyable hiking would be recommended.
 PCT MOM