[pct-l] Interview thru Hikers in Ashland

mkwart at gci.net mkwart at gci.net
Mon Jun 25 00:37:58 CDT 2012

Hi, all:

There is a reporter who works for the local Ashland, Oregon paper who
would like to interview a thru hiker coming through Ashland. I met her
while I was training with a 30 pound backpack on a treadmill at the
Ashland YMCA this winter. This piqued her interest and she interviewed
me and the resulting article on June 19th was awesome (check it out at
www.dailytidings.com--type my real name Mary Kwart into the search
box)--she would like to get local people interested in the Pacific Crest
Trail and in having the community help hikers who come through town.

Her name is Janet Eastman and she can be reached at 541-488-3950 or
janeteastman at mind.net. Although many people in Ashland know about the
trail, there are many who do not and this is a great way to inform them.

I believe she wants to meet with someone the day before they get to
Ashland.

--Fireweed