[pct-l] Carrying extra water, which container(s) do you use?

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Fri Jun 29 09:17:48 CDT 2012

Good morning, Anne,

I’ve used rigid, semi-rigid, and flexible bulk storage containers and much
prefer the flexible platy’ types.  Attributes I like are how compliant they
are to adapt to space available in a pack; I like the fact that they
diminish in volume as water is consumed; and I like the way air can be
burped out to eliminate that obnoxious sloshing noise.

Over the years I’ve only had one “failure”, and that was a small ooze at a
bad seal in one of the top seams which I quickly patched with a bit of duct
tape.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=264360

For in-route drinking I use a tall, skinny, plastic bottle which – in
addition to fitting well in my pack’s side pocket – does not slosh nearly
as badly as the short, fat Gatorade bottles.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/