[pct-l] Bearvault and DEET

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Fri Mar 2 21:21:06 CST 2012

Good evening, Robert,

I use a Garcia ‘can, but I will comment on something related to both of
your questions.   To avoid getting DEET on the plastic, and to help keep a
can from rolling away, it may seem useful to keep the ‘can in one of those
nifty cases sold for ease of carrying.  I don’t use a cover, or any kind of
strap or tether, because they are things a bear could grasp in its teeth as
it runs off a mile.  See:  http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=265401

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/