[pct-l] Another Question: Shoes

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 12:14:07 CST 2012

I loved my Montrail Sabinos, and hiked over 2,000 miles of the PCT with no
blisters, but I've recently gotten a pair of Altra Lone Peaks after seeing
Why Not hiking in them.  They have no heal rise and almost no arch support,
very similar to the way I alter my Sabinos, as I hike without the insole on
as flat a platform as I can manage to get.  But, the Lone Peaks have an
even wider toe box and are the most comfortable shoe I've ever put on.
 They feel like a slipper with a bit more rock protection in the sole.
 I've only done two good hikes, so the jury is still out, but so far these
feel great.  If they continue to feel this good I may try them on the CDT
in a few weeks.

Shroomer