[pct-l] Bleach treatment links?

Hillary Schwirtlich hillary.schwirtlich at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 14:17:24 CST 2012

We used Aquamira at first, then switched to bleach because it took less
time and was way cheaper and easier to get, plus one of the Aquamira
bottles always seemed to break or leak. The first time that happened we
just used the other, unbroken Aquamira bottle and filled it with bleach and
didn't need more until Bend, OR.

It tastes worse and yeah, is probably bad for you, but we thought the pros
outweighed the cons. I would do it again on another thru-hike.

Seahorse