[pct-l] Ground sheet querry

Ben Ulsh ulshbdbd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 14:38:53 CST 2012

Hello everyone,

I am planning a through hike of the PCT for 2013 and I am in the process of
transitioning to the UL philosohpy.  I am planning on taking a Tarp Tent
Double rainbow for my girlfriend and I and recently read on the Tarp Tent
website that the floors of their shelters are very strong and don't
necessarily need a ground sheet.  I have always used a ground sheet for all
of my shelters on every ground surface and still think they're very
important for obvious reasons.  My question is,  Based on the stated
strength of the Tarp Tent floors is a Tyvek ground sheet or even a 2 mil
plastic groundsheet something to leave at home?  Thank you all in advance!!
-Ben