[pct-l] CHEESE

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 15:56:17 CST 2012

A couple of months ago I discovered a cheese that is worth mentioning on this list. Here is what I am looking for in a cheese for the trail.  1) Does it have to be refrigerated?  2) Does it have good calories per ounce?  3) Is it available pre-packaged in small sizes?  4) Very Important - will it pass the rodent smell test? 5) is it tasty? 6) Is it small?

About six weeks ago I put a slice of this cheese (It is supplied in individually packaged slices weighing .7 ounces) in my rodent-infested Agua Dulce barn. I put it where mice and rats could have free access to it. So far, no takers. At 80 calories per slice, each slice weighing .75 ounces (21 grams), I get 106.7 calories per ounce. A slice measures 1 5/8" x 3" x  1/4". It is indeed tasty.

The cheese that I tested is sold by Stater Bros. Super Market.  It is their Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese and is sold 10 slices
/package

MendoRider-Hiker