[pct-l] The PCT-l and me

mikey chapman petergrubbfan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 19:29:46 CST 2012

Hello All, I feel my usefulness and time on the list has past, I want
to thank the trail stewards, Jacka$$'s, and overall great people of
the hiking community, who have enlightened me,oh and the Brickmaster!
Before I go, let me rant one last time.  I first learned of the PCT as
a sixth grader, my buddy had a plan for us to runaway to canada via
the PCT!  He had us supplied with 30-30s,ammo,blankets and a dream, we
would hunt our way to the border and beyond. We didnt make it to
canada, but the PCT seed was planted.  Ive section hiked since the
nineties(rain,snow,sleet,frozen open sky,in clouds) and made 1
thru-attempt. The knowledge ive learned has helped me in so many ways,
I call it advanced problem solving,using the knowledge like a powerful
weapon in my arsonal.  Like most hikers, I have lots of bigtime
dreams, and look forward to insane challenges and doing some trail
work and magic along the way. Shooting my mouth off like a canon on
the pct-l, put a target on my back last year, and although it did make
it more of a thrill and challenge for me, id only do it again after my
hiking career is over. Please keep this forum golden!  Thanks to
anyone who has helped, or reached out to me, you rock.  To all my
fans, you deserve alot more. I realize this is not my personal forum,
but like always, I feel my mistakes may help others.  P.S. A record
amount of giant pinecones(heavy like a bowling ball with spikes and
sap) from last year are still hanging here in the sierra, always look
above you and your campsite when in the wind, I mean the PCT(ha ha).
Theres also a healthy amount of ticks this year, brush off your pack
after laying it on the ground, they like to hide under leaves and
such.  I leave you with a quote,"In every great attempt, it is
glorious even to fail"-Vince Lombardi   Hike On,Happy Trails,and ive
been hiking this trail since before my past life,thus, before it was
called the PCT! (I still got it!)