[pct-l] How many pair of socks...

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Mar 9 19:47:08 CST 2012

I kept 3 pairs in my possession while on the trail. Two pairs were
worn and one was slept in. I sent myself 2 pairs with every new pair
of shoes. Kept the best pair from the old ones. I only had socks
totally disintegrate in Washington while walking in many days of
constant rain.

There are opportunities to get socks on the trail. You can get them
in Idyllwild, Cabazon, Big Bear, Northridge (Agua Dulce), Tehachapi,
Lone Pine, Bishop, Mammoth, South Lake Tahoe, and more (that should
get you started). Plus hiker boxes and sometimes kickoff.