[pct-l] Leave no Trace

Charles Williams charlesnolie at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 22:09:55 CST 2012

All,
I wanted to tell you about an excellent experience I had two nights ago.  I drove to Reno, NV to participate in a leave no trace training put on by the Backcountry Horsemen of California and Nevada.  It was tought by two "lnt Master Educators" and one "lnt Trainer".  All three acquired their lnt education as BCH volunteers and It was attended by many members of the horse community of Tahoe/Reno areas.  It was co-ordinated by the Tahoe Rim Trail Association.  It was absolutely terrific to have all these groups working together to put the presentation on at a Cabela's store.  It was open to all.  Free.

I know a lot of people don't like the effects of having horses in the backcountry but I've said it before:  the Backcountry Horsemen of California or Nevada, or America for that matter, are committed to being a part of the solutions, not the problems.

Thank you,
QuincyRider