[pct-l] shoe size question

Ben Ulsh ulshbdbd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 15:43:38 CDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I am stocking up for a thru hike in 2013 and I am about to buy a pair or
two of Brooks cascadias.  I have one hang up though.....I don't know how
what size to buy to account for feet swelling.  It feels so wrong to buy a
half size or even a size too big.  It seems that if you buy a shoe that is
too big you risk extra movement and slippage which could lead to blisters
etc.  I know I am over thinking this but if anyone can offer some wisdom
about choosing the right shoe size to account for the inevitable swelling
of a long distance hike that would be very much appreciated. Thank you all
in advance!!
Best,
Ben