[pct-l] Hiking the PCT

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 10:04:37 CDT 2012

Hello Phillip,

Don't overlook the Wilderness Press guide books to the PCT. They are available in three volumes and provide a lot of infromation and inspiration not found in other guide books. I am refering to information, trail descriptions, and the history and natural history - the flora and fauna and the geology that you will pass through on the PCT. This is information that is not covered in other guide books. While they are fairly large and heavy, hikers who use them, myself included, cut them up and just bring the pages and maps covering the Section that they will be hiking. Then send ahead, along with their resupplies, the pages covering the next section. You will learn a lot more about what you are hiking through.

MendoRider-Hiker