[pct-l] Hiking the PCT

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 23:42:03 CDT 2012

Phil,  Enjoy your trip - it will be a life changing experience - but
probalby not in the way you think of it now.

As far as figuring life out on the trail - all I can say is that it never
worked for me - although before my first thru hike I thought it would.   No
major revolations came to me from my hikes.  That is except I really really
really like long distance hiking....

I guess I had these weird ideas that on the trail I would have time to work
out all of the issues in my life and finally figure out all the important
things.  But by the end of my hikes I never really did.   But the hikes
were great - probably some of the best things I've ever done (except maybe
my kids - although  some days -- arrggg kids).  Anyway back to the subject
- go do the hike - it will be great - beyond words  - just don't be
surprised when you head back into that world you came from you still don't
have the answers to things like - what do I want to do with my life...

Day-Late (Still unable to figure it out)