[pct-l] Bear Creek crossing 2010

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Fri Mar 16 01:43:12 CDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM, Paul Bodnar <paulbodnar at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Here is a link to a video of Fuzzy Monkey crossing Bear Creek at about mile 868 in 2010.  Fuzzy Monkey shares an important lesson....

In 1995 I went swimming at that ford.

By myself, with not anyone around to even recover my body.
There was a fire ring at the crossing, and I managed to get a fire
started while shivering violently, and warm up and dry off a little,
then I went upstream a few miles to cross....At least I had put all my
pack contents inside a trash compacter bag before I went for that
swim.

I thought I was going to die. The cuts from the rocks didn't even
start bleeding for several minutes, I was so cold.