[pct-l] Bear Creek 2010

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 18:42:42 CDT 2012

I crossed it around 6/25 in both 2008 and 2009, both lower than
average snow years, but more than this year.  Both times in the AM.
Both times it was around lower to mid-thigh at worst. (I'm 5'10").

There WAS a rope up in 2009 and I used it.  I thought it made the
crossing easier.

Stubblefield Creek was the deepest crossing on both occasions, coming
up to my waist.  But it is slow-moving.

One spot that doesn't seem to get much press is the South Fork King's
River.  Where the trail crosses is all boulders and churning water,
and I wouldn't cross there in any year, low or high snow.  In 2008 I
walked three or so miles upstream where the trail crossed back to the
same side, and the flow is much smaller.  (Thanks to a note that had
been left.)   In 2009, there was a huge log across a short ways
upstream. Hoping it's still there.