[pct-l] Hitchhiking

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Mar 16 19:52:01 CDT 2012

On Mar 16, 2012, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Has anyone taken their vagabonding to hitchhiking to the trail on a
> private plane???

I walked to the trail. Took me 5 days from Santa Barbara. I got a
ride the last 22 miles to Hikertown from Los Alamos Camp near the
Buck Creek Trailhead and Pyramid Lake. It was a big adventure and a
horrible route with bushwacking in chaparral and getting hopelessly
lost down Snowy Creek. I was going to ride my bike the last 22 miles
(I hid a bike in the bushes) but that was too scary on a bike with a
big backpack and only two functional gears and barely functioning
brakes. If there's a red Raleigh 3-speed still there at Hikertown,
that was my bike. Big adventure!