[pct-l] Nook Simple Touch--feedback, anyone?

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 14:54:50 CDT 2012

Hi Marion,

My wife has a Nook Simple Touch and loves it. That would be a great ( worthwhile) thing to have along on the trail. There are well over a million books available on it.  I even found Diane's Soini's books there. For only about 7 oz you can bring dozens of books along to read while Ray naps. I wish I could nap so easily, during the day, while on the trail. I envy those who can. While I was a teenager, in the 10th grade, my friend Bill (a 12th grader), who was also my Guru (he had learned from his dad) in that he introduced me to backpacking in the High Sierra, had the ability to sleep during the day, on the trail. Our first hike would have been in 1951. Bill would just sit, leaning his back against a tree trunk, and mention that he will be napping for about 15 minutes. Remarkably, he would wake himself up about 15 minutes later. We took several long backpacking/fishing trips together. I learned a lot - but not the art of napping.

MendoRider-Hiker