[pct-l] Thru hike question

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Mar 18 16:36:43 CDT 2012

You guys are slow learners!!!
We ski bums have figured out a solution to the friction problem long ago.
We wax our ski's.
You guys might want to consider carrying ski wax in the Sierra so you guys
can wax your rear end to reduce the friction and erosion on your rear end
when you go  "glissading"  across them switchbacks.
You will also get to the bottom faster.

Just a thought, that's all.

JMT Reinhold
Your ski bumming trail companion with the solution to the friction problem
Jim wrote:

About the only "erosion" that takes place is possibly to the seat
of your pants...  or worse!  ;o)

But (no pun intended), per Yogi's book, one should "walk all the way" to Canada...  :-o
I guess glissading could be considered an 'alternate route', however (?)...

Jim (PITA)
Yogi wrote:
>/  Nope, he's not kidding. It's called glissading! WHEEEEEE!!
/>/
/>/  When you can't see the trail, 'cause it's covered in snow, then, yes, you
/>/  "cut" switchbacks.
/>/
/>/  Yogi
/>/  www.pcthandbook.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------//
giniajim wrote:
  /
>>/  I hope you're kidding about cutting switchbacks!! That's bad karma since
/>>/  we've learned about erosion and LNT. Don't do it!
Shroomer wrote://
/>>>/  Oh my God. I cut all those miles and miles of switchback trails in the
/>>>/  High Sierra by sliding on my butt right over the tops of them. Does that
/>>>/  mean it ain't real!!! I gotta go back and finish those switchbacks.
/>>>/  NOTTTTT!!!! Hike it or slide it, it all still counts.
/>>>/
/>>>/  Shroomer
/