[pct-l] When trail magic sets your teeth a'grinding

Charles Doersch charles.doersch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 09:42:10 CDT 2012

Well said, Douglas. And, of course, Gary -- we all know it's still possible
to hike the PCT "unsupported." Some people do. Good for them, and power to
them! But I think Douglas is taking issue with dissing the kindness of
strangers. The characterization by the self-described "curmudgeon" of trail
angels as needy and a personal imposition isn't even curmudgeonly. It came
across mean-spirited and, well, nasty. Mendo-rider, you're right. Thank the
gods this is apparently a very minority view.

See some of you soon on the PCT!

~Charles and the guys