[pct-l] Susan Alcorn's Backpacking/Hiking Newsletter

Susan Alcorn backpack45 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 09:50:34 CDT 2012

Hi PCTers,
I am always interested in mentioning items of interest to the hiking community in my monthly hiking/backpacking newsletter, "Susan Alcorn’s Backpacking/Hiking Tales & Tips", so feel free to send any news you have to me at my email: backpack45 "at sign" yahoo.com  I include short articles about upcoming events (such as ADZPCTKO), the latest gadgets, new hiking books, interesting achievements (speed records and the like) and hints for making hiking and backpacking more fun/interesting/safe, etc.

I've been doing this for almost 10 years now and seem to reach a fairly large backpacking audience (mostly, but not exclusively West Coast) so it's a good way to share your tips. You can also ask questions of experienced and seasoned hikers, but since it's not an interactive forum, you'd have to wait a month to get a reply. You can find an earlier edition here. http://tinyurl.com/6pbzame Thanks and good luck to the "PCT Class of 2012".

Susan "Backpack45" Alcorn
Section hiker (completed PCT in 2010)

Shepherd Canyon Books, Oakland, CA
www.backpack45.com and backpack45.blogspot.com
http://www.examiner.com/hiking-in-san-francisco/susan-alcorn
Publishers of two award-winning books: Camino Chronicle: Walking to Santiago and We're in the Mountains Not over the Hill: Tales and Tips from Seasoned Women Backpackers.