[pct-l] Oregon Section Hikers

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.net
Thu Mar 22 00:52:50 CDT 2012

I hiked Etna to I5 last year and it was horrible. The flowers were blooming so abundantly they overthrew the trail in places and we had to push our way through huge bouquets of flowers.

Yes, that's sarcasm. And the views in the Suskiyous were awesome. Yes there's a big climb our of Seiad and it can be hot. I left Seiad at 4 am to beat the heart, hitting the open ridge top views at sunrise so I won there too. (I caught up on my sleep with a pleasant NATO atty Kangaroo Spring.)

AsABat
PCT Water Reports Socal http://pct.4jeffrey.net
Send water updates to water at 4jeffrey.net

MLMcNairn at aol.com wrote:

I respectfully disagree. I think the PCT between the state border and Hwy
I-5 is stunning if you hike it during the flowering season. The views are
better than anywhere else in Southern Oregon until you hit the very short
high section of Sky Lakes Wilderness Area. I certainly would not want to have
missed it!

In a message dated 3/21/2012 6:52:16 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com writes:

> The trail between the state border and Ashland is nothing
> particularly
> special and it's totally fine to miss it unless getting the
> *whole* state is
> important to you. You could easily start at I-5
> northbound and not miss
> anything interesting.

There are some interesting plants growing on the serpentinites and
peridotites south of Mt. Ashland that you won't see north of there.

-Nate the Trail Zombie

To unsubcribe, or change options visit:

List Archives:
To unsubcribe, or change options visit: