[pct-l] Whoa Nellie Deli

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 00:21:46 CDT 2012

But Toomey's had that operation going so well and with pretty darn
competent staff now for a few years, so I bet he keeps it open.  At least I
sure hope he does.  I ate there 8 times between 2009 and my hike in 2010.
And any in the class of 2012, if you've got the time and energy to hitch
over Tioga Pass when you're in Tuolumne Meadows, it's worth it.  The story
I've heard from my foodie friends is that he was a chef at Chez Panisse,
the restaurant that changed the way America eats, and left the big city to
start up his deli at the Mobil Gas Station in Lee Vining.  The food is
incredible.  It is not a deli, it's just incredible.  It's right at the
corner of the Tioga Rd and Hwy 395.  Don't miss it.  It's usually just
called "The Mobil."

Shroomer