[pct-l] PCT 2012 Thru-hike Gear List - HELP!

Hillary Schwirtlich hillary.schwirtlich at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 22:59:55 CDT 2012

I might recommend considering a backup water treatment. I know nothing
about the Sawyer Squeeze, but I personally would be nervous about any
filter malfunctioning. Bleach sucks, but it never breaks, and you could
carry a tiny bottle just in case. Just a thought.

Also, I dunno why you have deodorant. You've hiked before and probably have
carried it before... but I dunno what good it does you. You'll smell either
way. Nobody really cares about how you smell until you've hit town and then
there's nothing you can do about it then except take a shower.

You also might not need DEET until later (like mid-Sierra?).

Leave the worry about loneliness behind if you can. You'll be in good
company. :)

Seahorse