[pct-l] PCT 2012 Thru-hike Gear List - HELP!

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Mon Mar 26 12:25:17 CDT 2012

My training (Sierra Club Wilderness Travel Course) was to put the closed cell foam on the bottom.

Either way, what you are saying is definitely true for camping directly on snow.

The manner in which the R-value is determined punishes the NeoAir a little.  It does better than other pads that have no internal insulation (like the Big Agnes Insulated AirCore and Exped pads) but not enough to allow camping directly on snow.  Given that, it does seem to do OK below freezing, but how FAR below freezing I can't attest.

I have one, but only slept on it once.  Didn't like the crinkle noise!

Anyone want to buy a once used NeoAir?  Full size, original model $90.  I can bring it to Kick Off or ship, if you pay the Priority Mail shipping.

Bill Burge
bill at burge.com