[pct-l] Warner Springs Area Support

J J pct2010 at ridgetrailhiker.com
Wed Mar 28 12:33:55 CDT 2012

Greetings,

I just got a telephone call from WS Monty, who is on the way to Agua Dulce for a hike. He has arranged for some hiker support in the Warner Springs area and asked me to post it to this list. Please know that this is information I got over a not-so-good cell message. But here we go:

At Barrel Springs, there will be a sign about the Ranchita Store. The store will have hiker supplies based on a list provided by Monty. The Ranchita Store is a four mile hitch to the right on the road at Barrel Spring.

At Mile 109, the first trailhead at Warner Springs, the Community Center will have hiker supplies based again, on Monty's list. DEET included. Hopefully there will be bathroom access. This will be a fundraiser for the kids of WS.

On the weekend AFTER the kickoff, there will be an event to welcome PCT hikers. Possibly with showers, camping, fire pits. Certainly with food - menu from WS Monty.

For the Warner Springs resupply and welcome event, Monty said, "Bring cash; bring cash; bring cash". No credit cards accepted.

Also in the area is the Lake Henshaw Resort - a 12 mile hitch. Check the amenities at lakehenshawresort.com. No rooms are available the weekend after the kickoff. The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away.

I hope I got this right.

Walk well,
J J