[pct-l] Drivability of Seiad Creek Rd (48N20) to PCT (mile 1677.25)

Dennis Phelan dennis.phelan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 13:08:45 CDT 2012

some people posted about driving up the Seiad Creek Rd to the PCT to avoid
the steep climb out of Seiad Valley.  My wife and I are planning on doing
some section hiking this summer and this option is appealing.  I have
traveled back country forest service roads before and understand they
usually are full of potholes; but how drivable is this road?  Can a normal
road car make it or does it require a high road clearance car?

thanks,
Dennis