[pct-l] Antique Packboard

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Fri Mar 30 20:39:07 CDT 2012

Good evening, PCT Mom,

Last night I was re-reading the December 2011 issue of the *PCTA
Communicator* magazine and I took more careful note of the photos in the
article about Jack Meissner of Shelter Cove.  On Page-15 Jack’s future wife
Virginia is wearing the same model of Trapper Nelson packboard that I sent
to you for display in your hiker loft.  I had probably looked at that photo
10 times before I noticed the distinctive brass cap on top of the wooden
frame side rail.

I hope you are enjoying your off-season.  Down here near Mt. Hood the
snowpack is about average so '12 should be a good hiking season.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/