[pct-l] Cheat Grass!

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue May 1 07:22:41 CDT 2012

Good morning, Little Brown,

Cheatgrass is pervasive in appropriate habitat throughout the length of the
PCT, but S. California is probably the worst.  Usually the trail tread is
sufficiently wide so it’s not necessary to brush feet through it and
collect seeds.

I wear gaiters which keep most of the trash out.  Without gaiters about the
only thing that works for me is to wear Chaco sandals without socks. That
way the seeds tend to fall out as soon as they get in, and there’s no sock
fabric to hold the seed points against my feet.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/