[pct-l] Getting to Crabtree Meadows

Kathi pogo at pctwalker.com
Tue May 1 23:06:07 CDT 2012

Hi List!
I am trying to see if I can do a section from Kennedy Meadows to
Crabtree Meadows. I see in the trail guide that I can take the trail
toward Mt. Whitney for several miles and then there is supposed to be a
junction that I can descend to Whitney Portal. I am looking at topo maps
and don't see any trails that descend from the trail that goes from the
PCT to Whitney. I see a way I can make a trail but don't really want to
do that. I also don't really want to go up and descend Mt. Whitney to
get down to the road. So my questions to those who are familiar... Is
there such a trail? Where can I find a map that shows it? I assume there
is some sort of place at Whitney Portal and at Kennedy Meadows that I
can park cars?
Thank you!
Kathi