[pct-l] Section E Weekend

gschenk1 at roadrunner.com gschenk1 at roadrunner.com
Mon May 7 11:57:20 CDT 2012

Last weekend, three of us hiked from Green Valley Ranger Station to Pine Canyon Road.

The trail is in good condition through here. No water from Green Valley to Lake Hughes Rd. The creek there is dry, but there was a stocked water cache. The trailside spring at 487.7 was a trickle only. We used the tank at Rigdetop Jct. which was full of good water.

There we saw a couple of fellows section hiking, and also talked to one thru. Just ahead of him were two more thrus.

The trail down from Libre Mountain is in much better shape than a year ago, the debris from the old fire has been cleaned out. Somebody, volunteers?, did an excellent job.

We encountered no motor bikes this year, and only one mountain bike.

Gary