[pct-l] Civilian Cavalry

Ann Gerckens volunteer_ann at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 8 05:24:43 CDT 2012

Day Late said. "I've noticed most horses "unload" shortly after they start out
on a trail..."
Huh. I hired a horse to pack me up to Dorothy Pass last summer and I think it
pooped every mile of the way.  The lead horse pee'd a few thousand gallons in to
the creek at one point and the wranglers didn't even blink.  They drink from
that creek all summer!  Maybe they get used to the idea just as us city dwellers
get used to all the chemicals in our water.
Quick trip down memory lane.. Shortly after she arrived, a new roommate from
Beijing went to the sink for a glass of water. She froze when she got the glass
to her lips, then put it down and said, "I thought the water safe to drink in
this country!  This smells like a swimming pool!"
FYI... I enjoyed the horse ride though my knees and ankles were in agony most of
the way.  Turns out I have no tolerance for keeping my joints in one position
for an extended time.

 Ann Gerckens

"We all struggle with something, you can either be paralyzed by it or take
action". - Patrick Dempsey, Remedy's Healthy Living, Winter 2011.