[pct-l] Deep Creek Detour no longer necessary

Eric Martinot eric at martinot.info
Tue May 8 14:20:24 CDT 2012

Apparently the Deep Creek Detour is no longer necessary (if it ever
was), the trail is completely repaired, slides and bridges both.  This
from fellow hikers, one of whom had also personally spoken with a ranger
who had worked on the repairs.  I took the detour ten days ago, not
having seen any posts or info about the trail being fixed, and being in
a conservative state of mind at the time. There is no trail closed sign
at the turning point at the Deep Creek Bridge, but I assumed that was
vandals and not to be trusted. The detour signs all along the road walk
are still up.  Wish I had taken the real trail!

Double O