[pct-l] Memoirs

Rees Hughes Rees.Hughes at humboldt.edu
Wed May 16 19:13:09 CDT 2012

I've been hesitant to jump into this discussion about trail memoirs.  But,
I wanted to plug a less traditional PCT memoir.

*The Pacific Crest Trailside Readers* include excerpts from a number of
memoirs . . . including selections written by Eric Ryback (*The High
Adventure of Eric Ryback*), Cindy Ross (*Journey on the Crest*), Tom
Marshburn (*Six Moon Trail)*, "No Way Ray" Echols (*A Thru-Hiker's Heart*),
Hawk Greenway (*The Trail North*), Bob Holtel (*Soul, Sweat, and Survival
on the Pacific Crest Trail*), David Green (*A Pacific Crest Odyssey*),
Natasha Carver (*Walking Down a Dream*) and others.  Other memoir writers
like Barbara Egbert (*Zero Days*) and Duffy and Angela Ballard (*A
Blistered Kind of Love*) have original stories in the collection too.
 Plus, don't forget, all of the author royalties are returned to the PCTA
($4,500 so far).

Rees Hughes
--
Rees Hughes
Co-Editor, *The Pacific Crest Trailside Reader: California*